- what kinds of information we may gather about you
- how we may use that information
- whether we disclose it to anyone, and
- the choices you have regarding our use of, and your ability to correct, the information
HTLD's policies and procedures for handling customer information have been created with the understanding that Internet technologies are still evolving and that Internet business methods are continuing to evolve to meet the needs and opportunities of the changing technologies. As a result, HTLD's policies and procedures are subject to change.
Types of Information
- In the course of serving its customers, HTLD acquires, stores and transmits customer communications and information that customers may regard as private or sensitive.
- Some of this information - such as the customer's name, address, and telephone number - is provided to HTLD by it's customers in order to establish service.
- Other information - such as the customer's account status, choice of services, and customer logs - is created and maintained by HTLD in the normal course of providing service.
- Any information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you.
- It includes, without limitation, your full name, your e-mail address, your company address, or your telephone number.
- This information is ordinarily used to individualize your experience on our website, communicate separately with you, facilitate your movements throughout our website.
- Generally, you can visit our website without revealing any Personal Information about yourself.
- The personal information collected from Clients during the log in, registration or application process is used to manage each individual request or account (examples are submitting an online application or login to client services.)
- This information is not shared with third parties.
- We collect certain Aggregate information, such as tracking the Internet address of the domains from which you visit our site and analyzing this data for trends and statistics, tracking your IP address (the number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you are using the Web), and tracking your browser type.
- We use this Aggregate information to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our site, and to gather broad demographic information.
- None of this information is connected with your Personal Information.
Use of IP Addresses
- An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you're surfing the Internet. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address.
- HTLD may collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration, and to audit the use of our website.
- When Customers request pages from our website, our servers log the requesting Customers' IP addresses.
- We normally will not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that Customers' sessions will be logged, but Customer identity remains anonymous to us.
- We can and will use IP addresses to identify a Customer when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our rules or terms of service or to protect our service, website, or any person, or where it is otherwise permitted by law.
Responses to e-Mail Inquiries
- When Visitors or Customers send e-mail inquiries to HTLD or to any personal email account listed on the site, the return e-mail address is used to answer the e-mail inquiry we receive. HTLD does not use the return e-mail address for any other purpose and does not share the return e-mail address with any third party.
- Any electronic mail sent using the web site or sent to addresses gathered from the site may not be responded to. HTLD, its webmaster, or employees are not required to respond to emails sent via the site. If a HTLD employee so chooses they may wish no to respond at all.
- HTLD is also no responsible for notifying the sending party that an email was received.
Links to Other Sites
- Please keep in mind that whenever you give out Information online (for example, via message boards or chat lines), that Information can be collected and used by people you don't know.
- While HTLD and its affiliates strive to protect their Clients' Information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any Information you disclose online and so you disclose such Information at your own risk.
Use of Information
- HTLD does not make any client data available to third parties.
- We do not sell lists, accept advertising, or generate any third-party revenue from the data that is generated on this site.
- We do not share data from any client with other clients.
- However, HTLD may disclose personal information about Visitors or Members, or information regarding your use of the Services or websites accessible through our Services, for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including: to satisfy laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Acceptable Use Policy or other user policies; to operate the Services properly; or to protect Radiant and our Members.
- HTLD may disclose or access account Information for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service, and improve our services.
- HTLD recommends that children ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to HTLD, or to anyone else online.
Revisions to This Policy
- HTLD reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy, at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted.
Heartland Express, Inc.
901 N. Kansas Ave
North Liberty, IA 52317